Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kenned's 4th Birthday Party: THE DECOR

THE CANDY BUFFET:


These were the utensils for the kiddos I found on clearance at Target. I wrapped them in napkins which were all held together with a candy bracelet.


The paper lanterns wrapped on cellophane and secured with fishing line turned out adorable suspended from the ceiling above the candy buffet to resemble over-sized pieces of candy!


THE TOPIARIES....These were my favorite! I must give my husband credit for these as well. I would not have been able to create these without his assistance. To start I took two medium styrofoam balls and covered each with dum-dums (a BUNCH I might add). I then inserted a dowel rod in the center of them. After my husband spray painted to flower pots while he filled each with cement and set the dowel rods in place. It took this to secure them because the balls with suckers were VERY heavy. A little pink ribbon and they turned out ADORABLE! I made two of them and placed them on either side of my front door. The kiddos enjoyed taking a sucker on the way out to enjoy as well!


GUM DROP WREATH
Well I said the topiaries were my favorite but I have to admit the wreath was a close second. I stared with a large syrofoam wreath and took toothpicks and inserted into about 8 bags of gumdrops and then inserted each one into the wreath until it was completely covered. I thought this was such an adorable way to greet guests on our front door to Kennedy's Sweet Shoppe!

1 comment: