Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Letter


I know I am behind the times but I have finally, in all my spare time of course, been able to get our family blog up and running. I decided to make the first post about our newest Taylor Tradition, annual birthday letters from Mommy. It is my hope that my children always know exactly how much they mean to me even 50 years from now. To ensure my exact feelings are captured at each stage in their life I have decided to write a letter to each child on their birthday. Kennedy turns 4 March the 7th and after many hours of trying to get it "just right" here is her very first birthday letter from Mommy:

Dear Kennedy,

As I sit down to write this Happy Birthday letter to you I realize how much I’m going to miss you at 3. But at the same time, I’m looking forward to the memories waiting for us when you're 4. It's almost unfathomable, on so many different levels, that my precious little girl is turning four years old. It literally seems like yesterday that your Daddy and I were in that tiny ultrasound room listening to the tech utter the most precious words I will ever here, “It’s a GIRL!” I was overwhelmed with excitement! In only 4 short years you have gently taught me what truly is wonderful, special, good and extraordinary. You have taught me what really matters in life. I could never come up with enough words to adequately describe my feelings towards you, but here are a few things that I want you to know I love:

I love to see those beautiful brown eyes greet each and every day. So curious. So innocent. So YOU.

I love your gentle determination and am so proud of your fighting spirit.

I love seeing the world through your eyes, bringing that world to you, and bringing you to as much of that world as humanly possible.

I love how unbelievably forgiving you are.

I love that you love your bath time...especially since you wanted no part of the first one I gave you when I brought you home.

I love how you ALWAYS want your hair fixed just right EVERY morning with just the right hair bow in place.

I love the way you love your big brother Conner.

I love the way you act like a little mommy to your little sister Claire.

I love how you are so “girly”, although I am not sure where you picked up that trait, it had to be from your Aunt Leslie.


I love watching you dance and sing along with what seems like every song you hear.

I love your soft, gentle smile.


I love your mischievous giggle.

I love holding your hand, reading you books, and singing you terribly out-of-tune songs.


I love the tiny brown mole on the left side of your belly.

I love that you love to climb up on the couch and snuggle with me at night. I hope you never stop.

I love your imperfect toes and your perfect tiny nose.

I love the way you say, “Mommy, you are my Best Friend.”

More than anything, anything, ANYTHING else in the entire world, I LOVE being your Mommy -- the luckiest woman in the world -- and am so unbelievably proud of the little inspiring girl that you have become. I thank God every single day for allowing me to be your mom and for blessing me with you. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you!


Happy 4th birthday sweetheart. You are my world...

I Love You,

Mommy



6 comments:

  1. ......and how proud I am to be her Aunt! Love you Miss Kennedy.
    Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    I LOVE your blog. It's beautiful, first of all, and I'm sure it will be a wonderful place for you to share so much about yourself and your precious family. Your children are so adorable! I love the letter idea, too! Thanks for sharing. Take care!

    Love,
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got your blog up and running. It looks great. And by the way, I love the family picture! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, What a beautiful letter and what a great idea! I am sure your children will cherish these letters forever! It will be great to keep up with you guys and watch your adorable kiddo's grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, How I enjoyed reading your letter to Kennedy! What a wonderful mother you are to do this. Kennedy, Conner and Claire will grow up with such memories and now you have found a way to always remember them and to share with us. I love this family blog that you have created because now I can keep up involved with your beautiful family each step of the way!! You are such a great person!!! I love you,
    Aunt Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, You are such a unique person, your family is so blessed to have you. God bless you and your sweetness. You give me a great feeling when I get on yur blog. I could cry tear's of joy, because you remind me of how much my children and grandchildren mean to me. Families are forever.

    ReplyDelete