Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Claire's Song

As my little angel gets closer to turning another year older I set back and think about how lucky I am to have been chosen to be her mother. She is such a precious gift from God! It amazes me every day when I think about how blessed I am!

I want to share something very special to me and I am sure someday Claire.
Almost 2 years ago when I began to plan Claire's baptismal ceremony I asked my brother-in-law Aaron, who is ever so talented I might add, to play as song at the ceremony. I left it up to him and it could have not been more perfect. Can you imagine having a song performed just for YOU and only YOU. Yes, Claire is one special little girl and Uncle Aaron sang one special little song just for her!

This Child We Dedicate To Thee

This child we dedicate to Thee,
O God of grace and purity.
Shield her from sin and threatening wrong,
And let Thy love her life prolong.

O may Thy Spirit gently draw
Her willing soul to keep Thy law;
May virtue, piety, and truth,
Dawn even with her dawning youth.

We, too, before Thy gracious sight
Once shared the blest baptismal rite,
And would renew its solemn vow,
With love, and thanks, and praises now.

Grant that, with true and faithful heart,
We still may act the Christian’s part,
Cheered by each promise Thou hast giv’n,
And laboring for the prize in Heav’n.

(Click on the link below to hear the song, it is also number 11 on my playlist at the bottom of my blog)

This Child We Dedicate To Thee.mp3

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What a special song that I am sure Claire will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete