Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowman Ornaments

My latest project for all of Conner and Kennedy's teachers has been these ADORABLE snowman ornaments. They were super easy to make and the kids had a blast putting them together. We first broke toothpicks in half and painted them orange for the snowman's nose. We picked up some little sticks outside for the arms. I cut little strips of flannel for the scarfs. I bought the big clear glass ornaments and added a little bit of "quick water" (it is the fake water that you put in the bottom of vases of silk flowers, I found it at Michaels). We then dropped in a nose, a couple sticks, some little black beads and a scarf. I topped them off with a cute little polka dot bow and a little tag that read:

SNOWMAN: KEEP FROZEN
DO NOT THAW!

The kids thought this was just too funny to have a melted little snowman in an ornament and I thought they turned out pretty darn cute!
This is not the greatest picture but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment