Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Dinner


Tonight we celebrated April Fools Day with a very special dinner. The menu went as follows:

CUPCAKES: mini meat-loafs made in cupcake liners topped with mashed potatoes dyed blue with food coloring

FRENCH FRIES and KETCHUP: tiny bread sticks in french fry sleeves with strawberry jam

CHEETOS: boy were the kids surprised to find I had switched out the Cheetos for carrot sticks and resealed the bag with double sided tape

APPLES: with a gummy worm coming out of course

RED KOOL-AIDE: oh wait it was JELL-O, This trick was by far the kids favorite! They laughed hysterically at each other as you can imagine as each one tried to take a drink, sucking on the straw as hard as they could and nothing came out!

DIRT: our centerpiece served as dessert the pot of flowers was of course dirt cake topped with gummy worms

Of course our dinner was all laughs tonight! It doesn't take much to impress a 5, 4 and 1 year old but boy is it FUN at our house! Oh and I forgot to mention the whoopee cushions I put in the kids chairs...they were a HUGE hit! Hope you didn't get TRICKED on this April Fools Day! The Taylor Kids sure did!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke,
    I am absolutely blown away with your April Fools Dinner! That is the coolest idea I've ever heard of! Actually, you're making me feel like a big time loser mom!!! Just teasing you :) I bet you guys had a blast! I'm so impressed! I would just take a huge spoon to the dirt cake!

    Ashlee :)

    ReplyDelete